Monday, September 1, 2008

May my Pen's soul rest in Peace!!!!!

I am back!!!Almost seems like a reincarnation to me. This powerful weapon named "lethargy" had bumped me off from the blogosphere. I feel like one of the characters from Ekta Kapoor's (I have this intense desire to spell soap with a K)When logic can go for a toss in these serials, Grammer can might as well go for a toss..Ok so coming back a character from Ekta Kapoor's Koaps. My character was bumped off by this villain called lethargy (and for those of you who missed my blog and want to call this villain a few names- its a female villain) Its perfectly logical- all negative characters in the koaps of this czarina of television are females. Ok coming back to my Koap-this villain thot I was gone..but only to be saved by some obscure people (read poverty stricken people from a nomadic clan).With them I lay brain dead for a few days and then miraculously one fine day I wake up alive and kicking.
Why such a huge preface before my blog each time??????Passion for words finds itself to be the scapegoat each time. But this time I shall be honest...this time its prolly to cover up for the lack of content following the preface. I sat down to write something utterly relevant and important but decided to reserve that for my next blog. Since I am writing after a long time, my pen does not seem to be in the highest spirits to make love to paper (Hope that aint a very scandalous stmt). So without subjecting my pen to a lot of misery I intend to keep this blog short (for those rejoicing short in my dictionary has a strikingly different synonym that that found in the Oxford which in due course will be self explanatory. Two distinct changes occured in my life.
For one from being the most profitable member to Netflix, I became not so profitable to them. Ekta Kapoor's scheming villain named lethargy prevented me from posting back DVDs on time resulting in me watching only two movies in two months for 30$. I had opted for the plan which had the feature to watch unlimited movies each month- but the most important pre requisite- post the movies u already have at home! But this time the person who helped me combat this villain was truly a hero- TOM HANKS!!!! One of the two movies I'd rented and that I saw two months after its receipt and a day before posting was Philadelphia for the second time. His sensitive portrayal of the AIDS stricken soul made me fall head over heels for this man and reeling under the Tom Hanks fever, I promptly posted the DVDs and watched a series of Tom Hanks movies and managed to my Netflix plan more economical. Two two other guys who ably assisted Tom Hanks were Dustin Hoffman (Kramer vs Kramer) and Will Smith (The pursuit of Happyness...)
But again you win some, you lose some and some would be an understatement here. If Netflix lost a profitable client Cingular gained one and how!!!!!!! I was initially enrolled in a family plan that had the owner of the plan being extremely parsimonious with minutes and words and thus garnering a huge chunk of roll over minutes all used to the advantage of yours truly whose love for words and talk is unparalleled. My bills used to be perfectly restricted to exactly half the basic plan rate plus the add on taxes. But breaking free from the family plan had some unforeseen and tremendous repercussions. Starting a new account meant starting on a clean slate with zero roll over and monthly minutes restricted to 450. And the timing was perfect with my aunt visiting the US and constantly calling me from her landline. Me being extremely prodigal with words have overshot minutes every single month since then. The 17th day of every month has a humongous shock (prolly even unmeasurable on the Richter Scale) in store for me in my inbox- my Cingular Bill!!!) But the impact it leaves on me zilch....But this time I have seriously decided to give some peace to the ears of several people and be more stingy and curtail my bill and stop being a profitable venture to Cingular. Will I succeed??????? my next blog will tell (You gotta agree ts extremely difficult to fight your natural instincts!!!)
I can hear my pen cringe now and even my dictionary growl that agreed short is long in my world but no one wants to dwell in my world and certainly my dictionary does not want to be confined here either. So understanding the pathos of my pen I end my blog here and.....my pen gives up here!!!

No comments: