Monday, July 7, 2008

I am finally Blogging!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been wanting to pen down my thoughts in the form of a blog for a while now. But sadly, the thoughts that were eager to embrace the world faded into oblivion-thanks to my monstrous trait-over contemplation and an over scrupulous analysis of right vs.wrong. But one meeting, one profound conversation and a few gulps of orange juice (it never tasted so good before) changed it all......



The day was July 4, for the world it meant Independence Day (read the start of a relaxing long weekend), for me it meant the excitement of meeting my brother who is also possibly my closest buddy. I was flying out of Chicago to Cleveland. I have been quite lucky by far with my flight schedules. This line deserves a mention here because the cousin I was visiting has had the most horrendous experiences flying, wherein an hour long journey would take him a day. I reached the airport at 5.30 in the morning and I was the solitary soul loitering around the gate. the bright day and the sunrise seen through the glass panes in the backdrop of the multiple anchored air crafts seemed to be a great visual. As I was immersed in admiring this serenity, I could hear two voices speaking a language that would have seemed alien to the passengers slowly gathering there, but to me it was familiar. The loud uneasy feminine baritone immediately caught my attention. It did not call for the presence of Sherlock Holmes to unravel the truth and mystery of their anxiety. They were an elderly couple flying out of India for the first time eager to catch a glimpse of their son and grandson after 3 long years that seemed eons to the mother. As fate may have had it, they had missed their connecting flight to Cleveland the previous night and had to spend the night at the airport and all their attempts to contact their son were futile. As I approached to help them, I could see traces of hope on their worried faces. The eagerness and happiness of the family Reunion that was masked by their apprehensions and communication quandary seemed to resurface again. I helped them get in touch with their son and saw all their worries melt away as their beloved son answered the call as I dialled. It gave me a sense of immense satisfaction. But before I could bask any further in the elderly couple's glory,I had another daunting task ahead of me which was to wake my cousin so that he could come to the airport to pick me up at 9.00 am (which was the wee hours of morning on a weekend for him and I am sure most others would corroborate his sentiment). Sometimes, I feel I am the only creature on earth that does not whine about getting up early to the extent that I feel restless the day I wake up later than 8.00 am in the morning. Is that insanely abnormal????- well that's a trait I can possibly touch upon in an another blog.

Coming back to the task, I was happy that this herculean task was already accomplished by my uncle (his dad) as he had made sure that he had woken up on time to drive to the airport. the flight was nothing to write home about although I gotta mention that I don't quite enjoy flying within the US for two reasons. Firstly, the inability to readily strike a conversation with a fellow passenger (those who know me can fathom the profundity of the above reason) and two- the food or more so the lack of it on flight. Beverages, Soda and peanuts and pretzels that are abundantly available mid air don't qualify as food for me. As a kid back home, speculating the in flight menu was the best way to overcome the boredom of waiting at the gate.

As the flight landed, my excitement of meeting my cousin (read closest pal) increase manifold. I was impatient as the flight started taxing to the gate at a snail's pace. As I disembarked, I briskly started walking towards the baggage claim and the wait for the bag was needless to say annoying (although I must admit, it was just about 5 minutes). As I came out, I saw him and excitedly we greeted each other and we zoomed off to a lesser known place called Akron.

My next post will have a vivid and explicit description of my wonderful two day stint at Akron.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

u sure it was just orange juice!!!
U could have said COFFEE atleast..
I don believe a glass of juice could bring up so mush of a revelation..

Gaurav said...

oh you went to akron ? couple of my best friends are in akron .. or were there until very recently .. hmm .. waiting for the rest of your story

Unknown said...

you write good !!!!
make sure you never give it up, because I did just that....& could never start it again
lets see if you can inspire me to continue :)

Sathyanarain Muralidharan said...

Welcome to Blogosphere.
One suggestion - Change your comments settings so as to allow everyone to comment and not just Blogger users.
Cheers.